POST 1988 Bikes
Before you purchase your bike you need to be aware of theFederal Regulations effecting the importation of your bike.
Individuals CANNOT apply to import Vehicles manufactured on or after 01/01/1989(except in special circumstances),however approved companies known as Registered Automotive Workshops (RAWs) may import a limited range of used vehicles on behalf of individuals.
Please be aware that vehicles imported by RAWs must undergo a range of modifications and maintenance procedures to ensure that they meet minimum safety and environmental standards and this must be carried out by the RAWS engineer. This is called compliance and you will be charged for this work and the costs of importation.
You cannot import custom or modified vehicles into Australia. Bikes must be stock standard (the way they left the factory).
- Research, Research, Research
- Make sure the bike is USED (been registered in the USA) and the seller has the original Certificate of Title. You CANNOT import a new bike
- Purchase your vehicle in the US
- Complete and return Geezers paperwork and required documents
- Once received Geezers will submit the Vehicle Import Application
- Leave the rest to us
- Allow approximately 12 weeks from the time the bike arrives at our depot in LA till the time the bike has been complied.
Shipping LA to Brisbane:
- Bikes: $1,250
- Trikes: $1,750
- Customs & Quarantine Attendance charge: $410
- GST: 10% (Calculated on the total cost of acquiring the vehicle at the time it arrives in Australia converted to AU$ (plus Govt. fees & charges)
- Duty: 5% (Only applies to vehicles NOT manufactured in the USA)
Geezers only use accredited specialist VIP transport companies to collect your bike from customs and transport it to and from the engineer for compliance: $248
The cost of compliance varies by model depending on the number of components that need to be changed and the cost of these components together with the time taken for the remove, refit and testing.
Compliance includes: Import Approval, new tyres, km/h speedo face, brake fluid and brake pads, headlamps, and reflectors if required. All work must be done by our engineer with no exceptions.
Compliance cost: From $2,500.
Additional Compliance Charges (if applicable):
- 200 or larger series tyres: $200 each (if fitted)
- White wall tyres: $ 75 each, $150 a pair (if fitted or requested)
- Admin charge for storage and return of parts: $75
- For a full list of the models we can compliance with pricing, see the FULL MODEL LISTING below.
- Cost is based on the motorcycle being "standard" (as it left the factory) and that its components meet ADR's (Australian Design Rules). Modifications to non-standard motorcycles and or non ADR compliant components will incur additional costs.
- If the bike is modified (pipes etc.) you will be required to supply the stock items to return the bike to standard as required for compliance. All work must be done by our engineer with no exceptions.
- Bikes can be registered an all States after compliance.
- Port to Port Transit Insurance: $375
- US Transport - We only use the most reputable domestic US vehicle transporters available and are able to collect the bike almost anywhere in the USA. If you would like a quote just provide us with the collection Location and Zip Code.
- Australian Transport - We only use specialist Australian motorcycle transporters and are able to deliver your bike almost anywhere in Australia. If you would like a quote just provide us with the delivery Location and Post Code.
- QLD customers only: We are able to assist with roadworthy & registration of your bike on arrival at our workshop.
- We are more than happy to guide you through every step of the process. Contact us today.
- Department of Infrastructure and Transport: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4371.asp
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service: http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/vehicles-machinery/motor-vehicles
- State and Road Registration Authorities: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/contact_us/useful.aspx#registering
The following are the ONLY Post 1988 bikes that our engineer can comply. IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST, WE CANNOT IMPORT IT. The range is ever expanding so it is best to keep an eye on it.
|AMERICAN IRONHORSE||CLASSIC||01/01/2000||Current||$ 3,000|
|TEXAS CHOPPER||$ 3,000|
|STALKER||01/01/1999||31/12/2004||NEW MODEL (TBC|
|BIG BEAR||CHOPPER VENOM||$ 3,000|
|BIG DOG||BULL DOG||01/09/1997||Current||$ 3,000|
|BIMOTA||YB9 SRI||01/01/1996||31/12/1998||$ 3,500|
|BOOM TRIKE||LOW RIDER||$ 3,500|
|BOSS HOSS||Trike||1990||04/2003||$ 3,500|
|CALIFORNIA SIDE CAR||TRIKE||$ 3,000|
|996, 996R (H2)||01/01/1998||31/12/2004||$ 3,000|
|998, 998S, 998R, 998FE (H2)||01/01/1998||31/12/2004||$ 3,000|
|1098, 1098S, 1098R (H7)||01/01/2007||Current||$ 3,000|
|1198, 1198S, 1198R, 1198SP(H7)||01/01/2007||Current||$ 3,000|
|MULTISTRADA 1200||01/01/2010||Current||$ 2,500|
|STREETFIGHTER, STREETFIGHTER S||01/01/2007||Current||$ 3,000|
|EXCLELSIOR HENDERSON||SUPER X||01/12/1998||31/12/1999||$ 3,000|
|GG TAURUS||Taurus Trike||$ 4,000|
|GG TECHNIC||TAURUS TRIKE||01/04/2010||Current||$ 4,000|
|HONDA||VALKYRIE RUNE (NRX1800)||01/01/2003||31/12/2005||$ 3,000|
|Gold Wing GL1800||01/01/2001||31/12/2010||$ 3,000|
|INDIAN||CHIEF, SCOUT, SPIRIT||01/01/1999||31/12/2003||$ 3,000|
|CHIEF 2||01/01/2006||Current||$ 2,500|
|KAWASAKI||VULCAN (VN800)||01/01/1999||31/12/2006||$ 3,000|
|VULCAN (VN 1600)||01/01/2003||Current||$ 3,000|
|VULCAN (VN2000)||01/01/2004||31/12/2010||$ 3,000|
|MOTOR TRIKE||GOLDWING (GL1800)||01/01/2001||Current||$ 3,500|
|VROD TRIKE||01/01/2002||31/12/2006||$ 3,500|
|NORTON||COMMANDO (961)||01/01/2010||Current||$ 3,000|
|SAXON HOTDOG||SPECTRE||$ 3,000|
|SUZUKI||GSX-R1000 (K8)||01/01/2007||31/12/2008||$ 2,500|
|THUNDER MOUNTAIN CUSTOM||BLACK HAWK||01/01/2003||31/12/2007||$ 3,500|
|ULTRA MOTORCYCLE COMPANY||Groundpounder||$ 3,000|
|VICTORY||Vegas - Zach Ness, Arlen Ness, Vegas, Jackpot, 8-Ball, Low||$ 2,500|
|YAMAHA||V-MAX (3UF)||01/01/1989||31/05/2008||$ 2,500|
|V-MAX (VMX17)||01/06/2008||Current||$ 2,500|
|R1 GEN 2||01/11/2008||Current||$ 2,500|
|R6 YZF-R6||01/01/1999||Current||$ 2,500|
|XV1900 (XV1900A, Roadliner, RoadlinerS,roadliner Midnight, Custom Raider, Custom Raider S, Raider SCL||01/01/2006||Current||$ 3,000|