POST 1996 Vehicles
Before you purchase your vehicle you need to be aware of the Federal Regulations effecting the importation of your vehicle.
Individuals CANNOT apply to import Vehicles manufactured on or after 01/01/96 (except in special circumstances), however approved companies known as Registered Automotive Workshops (RAWs) may import a limited range of used vehicles on behalf of individuals.
Please be aware that Post 1996 vehicles imported by RAWs must undergo RHD (Right Hand Drive) conversion as well as a range of modifications and maintenance procedures to ensure that they meet minimum safety and environmental standards, which must be carried out by the RAWS engineer. This is called compliance and you will be charged for this work and the costs of importation.
You cannot import custom or modified vehicles into Australia. Vehicles must be stock standard (the way they left the factory).
- Research, Research, Research
- Make sure the vehicle is USED (been registered in the USA) and the seller has the original Certificate of Title. You CANNOT import a new vehicle
- Purchase your vehicle in the US
- Complete and return Geezers paperwork and required documents
- Once received Geezers will submit the Vehicle Import Application
- Leave the rest to us
- Allow approximately 12 weeks from the time the vehicle arrives at our depot in LA till the time the vehicle has been complied.
Shipping LA to Brisbane:
- Cars: $6,500
- Small Pick Ups etc from: $7,000
- Large Pick Ups etc from: $8,000
- Customs & Quarantine Attendance charges: $410
- GST: 10% (Calculated on the total cost of acquiring the vehicle at the time it arrives in Australia converted to AU$ (plus govt. fees & charges)
- Duty: 5% (Only applies to vehicles NOT manufactured in the USA)
- Port to Port Transit Insurance from $500
- US Transport - We only use the most reputable domestic US vehicle transporters available and are able to collect the vehicle almost anywhere in the USA. If you would like a quote just provide us with the collection Location and Zip Code.
- QLD customers only: We are able to assist with roadworthy & registration of your vehicle.
- We are more than happy to guide you through every step of the process. Contact us today.
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4371.asp
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service: http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/vehicles-machinery/motor-vehicles
- State and Road Registration Authorities: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/contact_us/useful.aspx#registering