Race Bike Imports
Before you purchase your bike you need to be aware that you will need to apply to the Federal Government for approval to import your bike and therefore must complete an application; once submitted this process usually takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
To be able to import a race vehicle you need to hold the appropriate race licence for the type of race vehicle you wish to import (CAMS, ANDRA etc).
You will need to provide a statement with your import application that the vehicle is a purpose built Race vehicle and is not designed for highway use.
The following information is required with your application
- Copy of the Bill Of Sale (invoice)
- Picture of the vehicle
- Copy of your race licence
- Proof of identity (if this is your first import)
- **Applications can be made online HERE.
- Research, Research, Research
- Make sure the seller has the original Certificate of Title for the bike or a Bill of Sale stating that “the vehicle is a purpose built Race Vehicle and is not designed for highway use” if the bike is a singularly constructed vehicle
- Purchase your vehicle in the US
- Complete and return Geezers paperwork and required documents
- Complete and submit the Vehicle Import Application
- Leave the rest to us
- Allow approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the time the vehicle arrives at our US depot until the time it has cleared customs in Brisbane.
Shipping LA to Brisbane:
- Bikes: $1,250
- Trikes or Bikes with Sidecar: $1,750
- Import Application: $50
- Customs & Quarantine Attendance charges: $410
- GST: 10% (Calculated on the total cost of acquiring the vehicle at the time it arrives in Australia converted to AU$ (plus govt. fees & charges)
- Duty: 5% (Only applies to vehicles NOT manufactured in the USA and LESS THAN 30 years old)
- Port to Port Transit Insurance: $375
- US Transport - We only use the most reputable domestic US vehicle transporters available and are able to collect the bike almost anywhere in the USA. If you would like a quote just provide uswith the collection Location and Zip Code.
- Australian Transport - We only use specialist Australian motorcycle transporters and are able to deliver your bike almost anywhere in Australia.If you would like a quote just provide us with the delivery Location and Post Code.
- Transport to Geezers: $165 (if you are unable to collect your bike from Customs in Brisbane and would like to collect it from Geezers on the Gold Coast, we can collect your bike from customs and transport it to our premises)
There is no restriction as to models we are aware of so you can confidently purchase any bike your heart desires.
- We are more than happy to guide you through every step of the process. CONTACT US TODAY
- Department of Infrastructure and Transport
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service
- State and Road Registration Authorities
- Speedway Australia
- Australian Karting Association