PRE 1996 Bikes
Before you purchase your bike you need to be aware that you will need to apply to the Federal Government for approval to import your bike and therefore must complete an application; once submitted this process usually takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
Generally you CANNOT import modified bikes into Australia. This includes CUSTOM, MODIFIED, REPLICA, CLONE or TRIBUTE bikes.
You will need to provide the following information with your application
- Copy of the Bill Of Sale (invoice)
- Picture of the bike
- Modification statement: a statement as to whether the vehicle has been modified and a list of any mods.
- Proof of identity (if this is your first import)
- Research, Research, Research
- Make sure the seller has the original Certificate of Title for the vehicle
- Purchase your vehicle in the US
- Complete and return Geezers paperwork and required documents
- Complete and submit the Vehicle Import Application
- Leave the rest to us
- Allow approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the time the vehicle arrives at our US depot until the time it has cleared customs in Brisbane.
Shipping LA to Brisbane:
- Bikes: $2,500
- Trikes or Bikes with Sidecar: $3,500
- Import Application: $250
- Customs & Quarantine Attendance Charges: $410
- GST: 10% (Calculated on the total cost of acquiring the vehicle at the time it arrives in Australia converted to AUS$ (plus govt. fees & charges)
- Duty: 5% (Only applies to vehicles NOT manufactured in the USA and LESS THAN 30 years old)
- Port to Port Transit Insurance from $500
- US Transport - We only use the most reputable domestic US vehicle transporters available and are able to collect the bike almost anywhere in the USA. If you would like a quote just provide us with the collection Location and Zip Code.
- Transport to Geezers: $165 (if you are unable to collect your bike from Customs in Brisbane and would like to collect it from Geezers on the Southside of Brisbane, we can collect your bike from customs and transport it to our premises)
- QLD customers only: We are able to assist with compliance, roadworthy & registration of your bike on arrival at our workshop.
There is no restriction as to models (providing they are not modified), so you can confidently purchase any bike your heart desires.
- We are more than happy to guide you through every step of the process. Contact us today.
- Department of Infrastructure and Transport: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4371.asp
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service: http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/vehicles-machinery/motor-vehicles
- State and Road Registration Authorities: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/contact_us/useful.aspx#registering